Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Harry This, Potter That!

My god, Harry Potter is truly an international phenomenon. Everyday, every meal, we talk about Harry Potter. One team member bought the book and finished it and now another one is reading it. Yet another just bought the first Potter book and started reading it. The whole team went to watch the movie last weekend. For some reason, I'm just not that interested. I'm sure they're entertaining books, but I've never really been into fantasy/fiction novels that much. Who knows, maybe I'll read one and get hooked.

A similar phenomenon, although on a smaller scale, happened with The Da Vinci Code back in 2004 when we were studying in Maastricht. Everyone was reading the book and raving about it, so I decided to read it. I was entertained but not that impressed. Oh well. I hope I don't sound too bitter.

2 comments:

Angie said...

i have been steeped in harry mania too! you don't have to like fantasy to enjoy HP -- fun characters and a compelling story pull you through. i just ordered the 1st six books in hardback!!! yeah, i'm addicted ...

svaneswan said...

When I loaded Justin my Da Vince book, I told him that some dude dies in the end.
He was really mad at me for a few days.