Wednesday, August 03, 2011

So close to the end!

My first post! :)

I asked Eric to share this blog with me because I thought I was going to blog real-time about all of our remodeling efforts and updates. Well, after about two months of eating out and otherwise living in a mess of a house, our kitchen is ALMOST finished -- and I haven't blogged at all yet!

I had been taking photos of the progress religiously when the remodel first began (and even before that, when we were making various decisions for purchases), saying "I'm gonna blog about it!" Well... A) I got lazy, and B) my phone got stolen so I lost a bunch of the photos I was going to blog about :(.

But fret not... for the few friends we have that would care about the details of remodeling and house stuff in general... I'll be blogging in the upcoming weeks about all of the details that went into our wonderful new kitchen, and all our lessons learned :). And for our other friends... you'll thank me someday down the road when you have your own house too! :)

Current state:

This photo was taken a few days ago, and all that was left were some final touches on the cabinets (handles, alignment, etc.), backsplash, and paint. Almost done!!
 
I'll do a full "before and after" comparison in a week or so when we're really done with everything! Can't wait! I miss cooking and eating at home!

No comments: